Specialized Operations Support 2022
Company: Take Command
Position: Specialized Operations Support
Location: Dallas, TX
Keywords: customer service-driven, problem-solver, strong people skills
Looking to get back into the workforce? Need flexibility while sharpening your professional skills? Then join our tight-knit, mission driven team in tackling real problems for real people in healthcare! At Take Command, you'll be doing career-defining work with a cutting-edge health insurance start-up that truly lives out its core values.
We're looking for someone who loves a good challenge and wants to collaborate with the team to help people find the healthcare they need. People’s health and their families’ health is important and we want to make setting that up easy and straightforward.
In this role you will:
- Support our Operations, People, Escalations, Carrier Account Manager, Enrollment, Customer Support and Compliance teams
- Serve as the kind and knowledgeable voice for the client
- Navigate our platform to help customers choose a health plan
- Act as the frontline support team for employees navigating their amazing new benefits to help them select the best health plan.
- Research details and costs for employees with high-health needs and take extra steps to ensure the right plan has been chosen
- Research application issues by reviewing accounts, calling insurance carriers, and communicating with our clients as needed
- Input client information in a timely and accurate manner to ensure carrier deadlines are met
- Create Excel documents if needed for special projects
- Research health plans, doctor networks and prescription costs
- Submit applications
You might be a great fit if you have:
- A proactive and positive personality with organizational skills, great people skills, an extremely friendly attitude, and a desire to problem-solve.
- Flexibility! This is a seasonal position with varying degrees of need that peak between November-March.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills. We're solving a complex problem, and it takes patience and the ability to explain complex ideas in simple, understandable ways to make our clients feel comfortable and confident.
- A mix of technical & people skills. You will be navigating our database and getting familiar with some HRA regulations, but ultimately, were first and foremost relying on you to represent the company to our clients and keep them happy.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to research insurance application issues and apply great communication skills to solve those issues together with the carrier.
- The ability to input accurate and detailed application information in a timely manner.
- The ability to work well under pressure with timeline constraints.
- The ability to learn new systems easily.
- Some Excel experience.
About Take Command
Take Command is a start-up on a mission to improve the healthcare system, starting with health insurance. Pragmatically speaking, we help employers reimburse employees for individual insurance instead of offering a traditional one-size-fits-all group plan. We believe this model can empower employees (when they have the right support) to be savvy healthcare consumers and have a transformative impact on the entire healthcare system.
Let’s be honest—health insurance is usually a confusing, frustrating, and even emotional experience for people. We want to fix that with a new model, great technology, and a superior user experience. We have made a great start, but we need your help to fully realize our long-term vision.
More About Us
We secured our Series A funding in 2021 and are thrilled to be able to expand our team. The health insurance industry needs some disruption and despite being a small startup, we’re the recognized industry leaders for the reimbursement model.
We’ve been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Dallas Morning News, and other publications around Texas and are excited about our growth opportunities.
Take Command knows diversity and inclusion among our teammates is integral to our company’s success and growth. Our vision is to recruit, develop, and retain the best team from a diverse candidate pool.
This has mostly been about us, but we’d love to hear from you--we can’t wait to hear your story!
Take Command is an equal opportunity employer! We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.