Senior QA Engineer
Company: Take Command
Position: Senior QA Engineer (full-time)
Location: Dallas or Austin, TX
Salary: $110,000-$130,000 per year, benefits, equity options
Keywords: Software Quality Assurance, Mentoring, Agile Methodologies, Software as a Service (SaaS), Test Plan and Test Case Creation, Automated Test Design and Creation
About the Role
This role is responsible for continuously improving our product quality through implementing best practices in software quality and testing and for mentoring and setting standards for more junior QA engineers. This role will report to the Director of Engineering, partner closely with our Product, Engineering, and Operations teams, and serve as an expert in developing, shipping, and scaling best-in-class software solutions.
In this role, you will:
- Help Build a World-Class Team
- Participate in recruiting, retaining, and growing top QA engineering talent
- Help establish training, professional development, and other programs to increase the effectiveness of the team
- Develop and monitor QA engineering KPIs to improve measurement and forecasting of the QA engineering teams’ performance and the quality of our product
- Ensure Quality
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Identify, record, document, and track bugs
- Establish repeatable processes that ensure high levels of quality
- Enforce quality assurance processes, ensuring all technology practices adhere to best practice standards
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Be Product-minded
- Always remain focused on the end goal of building an excellent product
- Align and provide feedback on the product roadmap, work closely with product owners to decide on prioritization, resource allocation, and timelines
- Collaborate across the organization to build a product that customers want
- Be a Thought Leader
- Provide technical guidance to engineering teams and management
- Stay abreast of trends in emerging technologies & tools to empower the QA engineering team
- Willing to take initiative and drive the implementation of a QA materials repository (repo of test cases, test steps)
- Willing to work with the product team to organize and facilitate QA sessions, UAT, and production smoke-tests
You may be a great fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years of Quality Assurance (QA) engineering experience
- 4+ years of experience testing web applications
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Solid knowledge of test automation tools (e.g. Selenium, Cypress)
- Experience building automation frameworks with programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, C#, SQL)
- Experience writing complex SQL queries with databases like Postgres, SQL Server, etc.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and team building skills
- Previous experience working in a startup environment preferred
- Experience with performance, API and/or security testing is a plus
How we care for our Take Commanders:
At Take Command, we’re excited to build a team and culture that reflects our values. We offer competitive pay, health benefits, and equity options to share with this position. We want you to be an owner along with us in revolutionizing healthcare.
- A generously funded ICHRA for medical, dental, and vision premiums and medical expenses. You get to use our own product and we think that’s so exciting and rare!
- Unlimited personal vacation
- Professional development stipend and access to executive coaching
- Paid parental leave for new parents
- Technology stipend
- Flexible on where you work – we hope to see you around the office a few times a week, but you also have the ability to work from home
About Take Command
Take Command is a start-up on a mission to improve the healthcare system, starting with health insurance. Pragmatically speaking, we help employers reimburse employees for individual insurance instead of offering a traditional one-size-fits-all group plan. We believe this model can empower employees (when they have the right support) to be savvy healthcare consumers and have a transformative impact on the entire healthcare system.
Let’s be honest—health insurance is usually a confusing, frustrating, and even emotional experience for people. We want to fix that with a new model, great technology, and a superior user experience. We have made a great start, but we need your help to fully realize our long-term vision.
More About Us
We recently secured our Series A funding and are thrilled to be able to expand our team. The health insurance industry needs some disruption and despite being a small startup, we’re the recognized industry leaders for the reimbursement model.
We’ve been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Dallas Morning News, and other publications around Texas and are excited about our growth opportunities.
Take Command knows diversity and inclusion among our teammates is integral to our company’s success and growth. Our vision is to recruit, develop, and retain the best team from a diverse candidate pool.
This has mostly been about us, but we’d love to hear from you--we can’t wait to hear your story!
*Take Command is an equal opportunity employer! We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.