Full Stack Developer (2022)
Company: Take Command
Position: Full-Stack Developer (full-time)
Location: Austin, TX | Dallas, TX
Keywords: software architecture, design patterns, cloud computing, microservices, Java, AWS, React
Join a tight-knit, mission driven team that tackles real problems for real people in healthcare. At Take Command, you'll be doing career-defining work with a cutting edge health insurance start-up that truly lives out its core values.
We're looking for someone who loves a good challenge and wants to collaborate with the team to help people find the healthcare they need. People’s health and their families’ health is important and we want to make setting that up easy and straightforward.
As a part of the dev team, you'll help build the framework for both our clients and our team to succeed. You will be a pillar in our company as we grow and make our product the best product on the market!
In this role you will:
- Develop robust, high performance, distributed Java applications using Java Technologies
- Analyze business problems and processes, help refine requirements and design solutions for them
- Maintain and enhance existing code base and support new feature requests
- Influence and implement improvements and efficiencies in the technical aspects of the development process
- Ensure the highest quality software is developed, delivered, and maintained
- Ensure code is of high quality and adheres to non-functional requirements
- Follow and contribute to technical best practices and development standards
- Learn new technologies, keep up with the internal systems, and share your knowledge with the team
- Work with cross-functional teams (product, sales, client success, marketing, business development, design, etc.) to gather feedback and improve our platform
- Write Unit and Integration Test cases
- Work as an integral part of an Agile development team
You might be a great fit if you have:
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development
- Product Development Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Lean startup
- Server-side languages: Java (preferred), .NET, Python/Django, Ruby
- Database technologies: SQL, migrations, Object-relational mappers (ORMs)
- Cloud computing: AWS (preferred), Azure, Google Cloud
How we care for our Take Commanders:
At Take Command, we’re excited to build a team and culture that reflects our values. We offer competitive pay, health benefits, and equity options to share with this position. We want you to be an owner along with us in revolutionizing healthcare.
- A generously funded ICHRA for medical, dental, and vision premiums and medical expenses. You get to use our own product and we think that’s so exciting and rare!
- Unlimited personal vacation in addition to regular company holidays.
- 401(k): 30-day eligibility for 2% match that vests immediately!
- Access to executive coaching.
- We have two beautiful offices conveniently located at Holly Commons (Austin) and The Hill (Dallas). The kitchen is well stocked (with both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks), and we've designed both spaces to have lots of different areas to work—lounge on the couch or stand near your colleague at a kiosk desk.
- Paid parental leave for new parents.
- Technology stipend: need a new laptop? We can help!
- May select a hybrid work schedule of set days to work remote and on-site or choose to work on-site 100% of the time (not applicable to remote-only employees).
About Take Command
Take Command is a start-up on a mission to improve the healthcare system, starting with health insurance. Pragmatically speaking, we help employers reimburse employees for individual insurance instead of offering a traditional one-size-fits-all group plan. We believe this model can empower employees (when they have the right support) to be savvy healthcare consumers and have a transformative impact on the entire healthcare system.
Let’s be honest—health insurance is usually a confusing, frustrating, and even emotional experience for people. We want to fix that with a new model, great technology, and a superior user experience. We have made a great start, but we need your help to fully realize our long-term vision.
More About Us
We secured our Series A funding last year and are thrilled to be able to expand our team. The health insurance industry needs some disruption and despite being a small startup, we’re the recognized industry leaders for the reimbursement model.
We’ve been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Dallas Morning News, and other publications around Texas and are excited about our growth opportunities.
Take Command knows diversity and inclusion among our teammates is integral to our company’s success and growth. Our commitment is to recruit, develop, and retain the best team from a diverse candidate pool.
This has mostly been about us, but we’d love to hear from you—we can't wait to hear your story!
*Take Command is an equal opportunity employer! We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.